WHAT DO WE DO?
Read Write Discover aims to promote literacy through individualized lesson plans and the relationship between tutor and learner. We hope to build literacy confidence in youth, through summer tutoring in reading and writing.
Through direct service, outreach, and engagement, Read Write Discover:
- Provides individualized lesson plans and literacy tutoring to elementary and middle school students
- Allows high school students to build leadership skills and gain autonomy and ownership in their respective programs
- Fosters a culture of community engagement for families and community members
In 2018, Read Write Discover…
- partnered with 12 libraries in the Bay Area
- empowered 22 coordinators to lead their own RWD program
- accepted 182 high school tutors to develop individualized lesson plans and curriculum for their learners
- enrolled 348 K-8 learners across all branches to develop their literacy skills
Find out what our sites did last year!